|Spanish at Ohio State University at Lima|
Six reasons to study Spanish
1. The U.S is one the world's largest Spanish speaking country!
2. There are many opportunities for foreign language speakers in government service, hotel management, Peace Corps service, business & logistics, travel occupations, social services, science and technology.
3. Foreign language study enhances memory, analytic and interpretative capacities, problem-solving skills, the ability to deal with abstract concepts. Studying a foreign language can improve your skills and grades in math and English. It can improve entrance exam scores such as GREs, MCATs, and LSATs.
4. Dealing with another culture enables people to gain a more profound understanding of their own culture.
5. Foreign language study creates more positive attitudes and less prejudice toward people who are culturally different.
6. It adds to who you are!
(This information is adapted from Flaitz & Feyten, 1995 ACTFL, Anaheim, California and MLA Foreign Language Brochure.)
© 2012, The Ohio State University. If you have trouble accessing this page and need to request an alternate format, contact firstname.lastname@example.org . The Ohio State University at Lima, 4240 Campus Drive, Lima, Ohio, 45804 Phone: 419.995.8391