Each year, one student is selected to represent the student body on the The Board of The Ohio State University at Lima. This is your invitation to apply to be that student!
The Board is made up of successful and well-connected community members from our surrounding counties who help lead the strategic planning and mission of our campus. The student representative is called upon to be the student voice of the Board.
I hope you will consider this WONDERFUL opportunity to become engaged in planning Ohio State Lima’s future (and to make some great contacts for your future)!
Details about the appointment and how to apply are listed below. The deadline to apply is February 20!
The student representative serves a one year term, beginning in July. Eligible candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 accumulative GPA to be considered, and maintain a minimum of 2.5 accumulative GPA while serving;
- Must have completed 12 semester hours on the Ohio State Lima campus, be currently enrolled for 12 hours, and plan to be a full time student during the year of appointment;
- Should have leadership experience/engagement with campus organizations/student activities; e.g. student clubs, student government, etc;
- Must be available to attend and participate in meetings of The Board of The Ohio State University at Lima, typically meeting three to four times per academic term on a Thursday at 4:30 pm;
- Must provide a resume and three (3) letters of recommendation from faculty and/or staff, at least one of which must be a full-time faculty member, as part of the application procedure. All letters and supporting materials are to be sent directly by the person writing the recommendation to the Secretary of the Board.
Applications for the position of student representative are available in the office of the Dean and Director (PS 208) and on the web here. Completed applications are to be returned to the Dean and Director’s office no later than Friday, February 20, 2015, at 5 p.m. The following procedures will be enacted in the selection of the student representative:
- The Secretary to the Board will collect and review all completed applications, making and distributing copies for the Academic Affairs and Student Life (AA/SL) Committee of the Board. The Committee will review and rank the candidates by March 2, 2015.
- Academic records will be assessed for qualifications by the Office of the Associate Dean.
- The Secretary to the Board will contact and arrange personal interviews with prospective student representatives with the Academic Affairs and Student Life Committee. The Committee (of select board members, faculty and staff) will determine the top candidate(s) and make a recommendation to the Board for appointment.
- The Board will appoint the student representative at its March 12 meeting.
- The newly appointed student representative will be invited to attend the May 14 Board meeting.
- The Board of The Ohio State University at Lima will submit the name of the newly recommended student representative to The Ohio State University Board of Trustees for final approval.
Questions should be directed to Lori Schleeter, Secretary to the Board of The Ohio State University at Lima, at 208 Public Service Building. Phone: 419-995-8481 or email at email@example.com.