Oct. 13, 2011
Contact: Lesley Fry at (419) 995-8671 or Pam Joseph at (419) 995-8284
Homecoming Court announced at Ohio State Lima
Regional Campuses represented on Ohio State’s Homecoming Court for first time ever
Six Ohio State Lima students will represent their campus on Ohio State’s Homecoming Court during the homecoming game versus Wisconsin, Sat., Oct. 29, 2011. This is the first time ever that regional campuses have had Homecoming Court royalty included in the University-wide homecoming celebration.
Each of Ohio State’s five regional campuses will crown their king and queen during a special ceremony at 3 p.m., Fri., Oct. 28, 2011, at the Longaberger Alumni House on the Columbus campus. Each member of the regional and Columbus courts will then ride in the annual Homecoming Parade down High Street at 6 p.m.
The Lima Homecoming Court was selected from a pool of applicants based on their leadership qualities, spirit, integrity, scholastic performance and achievement through their contributions and involvement at Ohio State. A selection committee interviewed each applicant and chose three male and three female students to comprise the Lima Homecoming Court. The application and interview scores are combined with the student body vote to determine Lima’s king and queen. The six candidates are listed below.
- Cody Lee Kramer, Harrod, is a graduate student studying education.
- Lance McPherson, Huntsville, is a sophomore theatre major.
- Katherine Kleffner, Lima, is a junior majoring in history and English.
- Ray Moy, Troy, is a sophomore majoring in pharmaceutical sciences/pre-pharmacy.
- Susanna Nicol, Wapakoneta, is a junior with a dual major in early childhood education and psychology.
- Melissa McKenzie, Bellefontaine, is a junior majoring in business/human resources.
Students will also participate in the week-long festivities, Oct. 24-29, 2011, on each regional campus and the Columbus campus. More details about local events will follow. Additional information about Homecoming Week is available at go.osu.edu/LimaHomecoming.