Samantha Haudenschield, Psy.D.
Gail Nelson, MSW, LSW
Some of the issues that may be addressed include: Homesickness, struggles with career choices, trouble in relationships, thoughts of suicide, violence, drugs and alcohol, pregnancy, death in family, financial pressures, gender identity, and mental illness. Some of these issues can be quickly addressed with minimal follow-up required, while others will many times involve longer-term counseling combined with additional services to assist the student. If additional services are needed, students will be referred to local mental health agencies for further assistance.
If you need to speak with someone please do not hesitate to call: 419-995-8698 or 419-995-8272
- We Care Crisis Center (Lima): 1-800-567-HOPE (24/7 crisis hotline and walk-in clinic)
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE
- If you need immediate assistance, please call 9-1-1 for help in your area.
National Depression Screening Day
October 11, 2012 10:00-2:00 in GA 107
On October 11, Lima Counseling Services will again participate in National Depression Screening Day, a nation-wide event designed to:
- Raise awareness about clinical depression, suicide, anxiety, and other mental health issues common among college students,
- Provide information related to mental illnesses,
- Reduce the stigma associated with mental illness and seeking treatment, and
- Offer free and confidential screenings for depression, suicide, anxiety, and other mental health issues.
Many who suffer from mental illness experience their first symptoms during college. Clearly, depression, suicide, anxiety, and other mental illnesses are a serious concern for college students and early intervention can be important.
During our National Depression Screening Day event on Lima Campus we will have information packets available and be on hand to provide screenings and make referrals for students, faculty, and staff who are interested. As added incentive (as if more is needed), we will enter all who participate into a drawing for a gift card at the bookstore.