The Winning Edge Self-Empowerment Program combines state of the science, cognitive-behavioral smoking cessation techniques with self-hypnosis to help you achieve a lifetime of freedom from smoking.
Our intensive treatment program requires:
• attending three 2-hour group sessions
• a willingness to listen daily to audio CDs containing hypnotic suggestions for smoking cessation
• strong motivation to complete the program.
A one time, non-refundable, enrollment fee of $25 is due by the end of the second session to help cover the cost of program-related expenses. You may consult your insurance company to learn if they will reimburse you for part of the enrollment fee.
The Winning Edge Program:
• teaches cognitive-behavioral skills to stop smoking and to develop an image of yourself as a “non-smoker”
• incorporates hypnotic techniques to enhance your motivation to stop smoking
• helps you cope with smoking urges and ease your way from nicotine withdrawal
• offers strategies to minimize weight gain, prevent relapse, and maximize social support
• provides you with handouts, worksheets, an educational DVD, and audio CDs for home practice
• collects data from you so that we can evaluate the effectiveness of our program
The Winning Edge smoking cessation program was developed by professors of psychology Joseph P. Green of The Ohio State University at Lima and Steven Jay Lynn of Binghamton University, and has been updated and refined several times over the last two decades.
Dates of next Program Offering:
Session 1: Tuesday, November 26, 2013: 5:30-7:30 pm
Session 2: Tuesday, December 3, 2013: 5:30-7:30 pm
Session 3: Tuesday, December 10, 2013: 5:30-7:30 pm
Location: All sessions will be held on the OSU Lima campus in Galvin Hall, Room 450.
To enroll in the program or if you have questions please contact:
MaryAnn Kromer, M.S.W.
The Ohio State University at Lima
4240 Campus Drive
430F Galvin Hall
Lima, OH 45804