Contact by Email
E-mail is a very quick and efficient way to have your advising questions answered; however, some questions are better served in an appointment.
Good questions for e-mail
- Questions that have very specific answers, such as: when is my registration window? Can you send me the link to the GEC?
- Referrals to other offices
- Follow-up on appointments/petitions
Inappropriate questions for e-mail
- What should I schedule?
- How many hours do I have left before I can graduate?
- What GECs do I have left?
- When can we meet?
Do you know whom to e-mail?
The Arts and Sciences Advising and Academic Services Office is proud to say that we make sure that each of our students has an assigned advisor. Before you consider e-mailing an advisor, ask yourself this question:
Do I have an assigned advisor?
- If yes, you most likely know their e-mail address and have been in contact with them before. If not, then use the Staff Directory to locate your advisor's e-mail address.
- If no, please call us at 419-995-8264. We will assign you an advisor and schedule an appointment with that person. We want to make sure you begin building a relationship with your advisor as soon as possible.
Do not include your SSN in your e-mail; e-mail is not a secure form of communication.
For security purposes, please e-mail us directly from your Ohio State e-mail account.