Office of Diversity and Inclusion
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) promotes academic excellence by increasing the presence of diversity on campus and by advocating for a learning environment that foster diversity and inclusion. ODI cultivates initiatives to advance the recruitment, retention and success of underrepresented students, faculty and staff. This is accomplished not only by leading the efforts of diversity on campus, but also by working with academic units, community partners and other organizations and institutions.
- To advance the development of a learning environment that encourages respect for cultural differences, as well as recognition of the commonalities among peoples and cultures.
- To coordinate all diversity initiatives and provide adequate resources to promote diversity as a value.
- To further promote diversity as a value outside of the campus via community outreach and engagement initiatives.
- To develop opportunities to hire a diverse underrepresented faculty and staff.
- To increase student recruitment and student retention of underrepresented students (including first generation) with diverse backgrounds
- To increase cultural diversity of the student body
- To establish partnerships with minority-owned and women-owned suppliers/businesses.
- Student recruitment of underrepresented students (including first generation) with diverse backgrounds
- Student retention of underrepresented students (including first generation) with diverse backgrounds
- Educational & Social Programming
- Cultural Support
- Personal Development
- Social Development
- Academic Support
- Study Skills
- Life Skills Development
- Student Support Services & Referrals
- Transition (Campus Change)
- Community Outreach & Engagement