Office of Diversity and Inclusion
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion advances academic excellence by increasing and advocating for campus diversity and inclusion. The Office undertakes initiatives aimed at the recruitment, retention, and success of underrepresented students, faculty, and staff, by working with academic units, community partners, and national organizations and institutions.
To be the nation’s premier leader and model for the institutional integration of excellence through diversity in higher education for the 21st century.
We are committed to these primary values:
- Inclusive Excellence
- Social Justice and Equity
- Respect and Civility
- Leadership and Partnerships
- To advance the development of a learning environment that encourages respect for cultural differences, as well as recognition of the commonalities among peoples and cultures.
- To coordinate all diversity initiatives and provide adequate resources to promote diversity as a value.
- To further promote diversity as a value outside of the campus via community outreach and engagement initiatives.
- To develop opportunities to hire a diverse underrepresented faculty and staff.
- To increase student recruitment and student retention of underrepresented students (including first generation) with diverse backgrounds
- To increase cultural diversity of the student body
- To establish partnerships with minority-owned and women-owned suppliers/businesses.
- Student recruitment of underrepresented students (including first generation) with diverse backgrounds
- Student retention of underrepresented students (including first generation) with diverse backgrounds
- Educational & Social Programming
- Cultural Support
- Personal Development
- Social Development
- Academic Support
- Study Skills
- Life Skills Development
- Student Support Services & Referrals
- Transition (Campus Change)
- Community Outreach & Engagement