Office of Diversity and Inclusion
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion honors, celebrates, and embraces the diversity of students, faculty and staff on the Lima campus. Diversity encompasses race; ethnicity; national-origin status; religion/unaffiliated; gender; LGBTQ; age; non-traditional; lifelong learners, socio-economic status; veterans; first-generation; and mental and physical abilities, to ensure the campus embodies academic excellence.
Research shows that diversity enhances the learning experience for all students, and prepares students for a global society that is diverse and interconnected for 21st century leadership. Ohio State Lima aspires to create a cultural environment that is inclusive, and a safe haven for the campus community to authentically share ideas.
To be the nation’s premier leader and model for the institutional integration of excellence through diversity in higher education for the 21st century.
We are committed to these primary values:
- Inclusive Excellence
- Social Justice and Equity
- Respect and Civility
- Leadership and Partnerships
- To advance the development of a learning environment that encourages respect for cultural differences, as well as recognition of the commonalities among peoples and cultures.
- To coordinate all diversity initiatives and provide adequate resources to promote diversity as a value.
- To further promote diversity as a value outside of the campus via community outreach and engagement initiatives.
- To develop opportunities to hire a diverse underrepresented faculty and staff.
- To increase student recruitment and student retention of underrepresented students (including first generation) with diverse backgrounds
- To increase cultural diversity of the student body
- Student recruitment of underrepresented students (including first generation) with diverse backgrounds
- Student retention of underrepresented students (including first generation) with diverse backgrounds
- Educational & Social Programming
- Cultural Support
- Personal Development
- Social Development
- Academic Support
- Study Skills
- Life Skills Development
- Student Support Services & Referrals
- Transition (Campus Change)
- Community Outreach & Engagement