The Ohio State Lima Office of Career Services is here to be a resource to help our students clarify goals, explore personal and professional development opportunities and build an individualized career plan. The Office of Career Services provides individual attention and is devoted solely to you and your questions about careers, internships, or making the transition from student to professional.
Career Counseling and Support Services Vision
To empower students to make lifelong, responsible and meaningful choices in a global and dynamic world.
Career Counseling and Support Services Mission
To serve the career development needs of OSU students by providing high quality and diversity-sensitive services through counseling, consultation and lasting partnerships, designed to facilitate learning and advance well-being, purpose, identity development and citizenship.
We assist students achieve successful outcomes by:
- Connecting students' interests, values, skills and personality with the world of work.
- Aiding development of students' interests by exploring various majors and careers.
- Encouraging students to test their ideas with internships, informational interviews, volunteering, and extracurricular activities.
- Providing customized attention to resumes, vitas, job search letters, and interviewing skills.
- Listening and helping with personal concerns that relate to career decisions.
- Assisting students' implementation of decisions by learning how to conduct a job search or plan for graduate or professional school.
- Informing students about the University's employment assistance services.