Student Wellness Center
What is the Student Wellness Center?
The OSU Lima Student Wellness Center is a student-led program committed to empowering students to strive for balance and wellness. The Student Wellness Center strives to provide services at OSU Lima that enhance the wellness of students and their communities.
What services do we provide?
The Student Wellness Center provides wellness coaching, a free peer-to-peer coaching program. Peer coaching aims to help students in any of the nine dimensions of wellness. Student Wellness Coaches offer advice, teach skills, and provide resources relating to concerns such as:
- Getting involved on campus
- Meeting people and starting friendships
- Finding creative outlets on and off campus
- Questions about therapy or counseling
- Help with resources for choosing a major
- Getting involved in athletics
- Ideas to stay fit on a tight budget
- Meal planning and grocery shopping
- Safe sex
- Responsible use of alcohol
- Coping strategies to deal with stress
- Confusion about faith
- Understanding financial aid
- Budgeting a semester at a time
- Study skills and time management
The Student Wellness Center also offers outreach programming and other services to promote student wellness and encourage students to be active in taking steps toward their own wellness. Keep an eye out for our events on campus!
What can I expect in Peer Coaching?
Peer coaching aims to help you in any of the nine dimensions of wellness, in order to understand yourself better and become more effective in reaching your goals and becoming successful. Each Wellness Coach is interested in your personal, academic, and intellectual growth and wellness.
When you meet with a Wellness Coach you and your coach will talk about what is causing you concern currently and ways to understand and alleviate these concerns.
Your Wellness Coach may:
- Provide instructions or teach you skills (e.g., time management, budgeting)
- Offer advice about your concerns or situation
- Provide a list of resources that you can utilize as an OSU student – on campus and off campus
- Help you research & find the information you need to solve your problems
How can you reach us?
The Student Wellness Center is located in Galvin 107A, right behind Counseling Services. Look for the sign on our door – you can’t miss it!
For more information about us, visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/osulimaswc. We post lots of information, advice and resources! You can also contact Dr. Samantha Haudenschield by phone at (419) 995-8272 or by email at email@example.com.
What are our coaching hours?
Hours vary by semester. Current hours are posted near our door. And if the door is open, come on in! There’s no need to make an appointment – walk-ins are always welcome!
You should know…
Wellness Coaches are trained, volunteer students. They are not licensed professionals and any instruction or advice is for informational or educational purposes only. If you are feeling depressed, thinking of harming yourself or someone else, or in crisis, you should seek emergency care by contacting:
OSU Lima Counseling Services
419-995-8272 or 419-995-8698
If you are in need of immediate assistance after normal business hours, you may call 614-292-5766 to speak with someone. This number is answered 24 hours a day.
We Care Crisis Center (24/7)
or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
at 1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-SUICIDE.