Ohio State Lima Coronavirus Information and Updates
Keeping our students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends safe is our top priority. We realize that this is a challenging time, but our strength has been and always will be people. The coronavirus is unlike anything we have seen, but we remain committed to providing our students a quality education. The Ohio State Lima campus remains open and focused on supporting student learning. We aim to maintain “business as usual” as much as possible with safety adjustments, while serving students and our communities.
Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website
Ohio State is committed to supporting the university community in preparation for on-campus operations this fall. To assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors, the Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website launched yesterday. The site includes information and details related to physical distancing, campus readiness, classrooms, workspaces, housing, dining, personal protection and hygiene, mental health and wellness resources, travel, and several other areas. The university will continue to evaluate recommendations based on evolving conditions and the site will reflect any updates.
Read more »
Below are the latest updates on our efforts to keep our Buckeye family safe. This is an unprecedented situation that is evolving on a daily basis. We appreciate your patience and will continue to update this page regularly with information that is specific to the Lima campus. Information on all the ways Ohio State is taking steps to keep our communities safe is found here.
Faculty and Staff
- Faculty and Staff Return to Campus FAQs
- Safe and Health Buckeyes – comprehensive information for faculty, staff, students and researchers
- The Employee Assistance Program is available to help faculty, staff and eligible family and household members address mental health and emotional well-being with tools and resources. The EAP is available online or by phone 24 hours a day at 800-678-6265.
- EAP information
- TESS information (mental health chatbot)
- If employees, including student employees, have questions about whether to telework or come to campus to work, please reach out to your college or unit leader for clarification.
- An event is defined as a planned activity, other than academic classes scheduled as part of the university curriculum, that is held in a university building or outdoor space on a university campus or with a community partner. A gathering is defined as a formal or informal assembly of people that is either planned or spontaneous.
- Update on the academic calendar: Academic Calendar from Ohio State Registrar
- Additional information is available at safeandhealthy.osu.edu/
- Counseling and Consultation Services also offers guidance about ways faculty can support your students.
Facilities, offices, and student support resources
Admissions: office open
Admissions and Academic advising visits are available virtually and over the phone. If you have questions contact the admissions office at 567-242-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookstore: Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Take advantage of ordering online with free shipping with any $49 purchase or more.
Cafeteria: AVI food service in Reed Hall closed. Cafeteria open for seating.
Campus offices: open
Career Services: Contact Rachel Richardson at email@example.com or 567-242-7333.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, it can be difficult to be away from students, faculty and staff. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion as a resource for any issues you may face. Contact Temple Patton at 567-242-7190 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Farmer Family Gallery: closed
The Food Pantry is available for current students in the Student Services Center. Contact Shane McCrory at 567-242-7337 or email@example.com.
For Summer 2021, the Learning Center will be open remotely, Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. There are no planned in-person hours for Summer, although I will be on campus weekly for testing. Placement testing will continue online.
General tutoring and specifically for English, Writing, and Math is available daily by appointment, same day when possible. Some testing will occur weekly on site. If you need the center to be open, please contact us to schedule.
The Learning Center will be closed except for testing May 3-7.
Please contact us for any tutoring, testing, scheduling, or other needs.
Here’s to a safe, productive Summer toward the “mists and mellow fruitfulness” of a vibrant Autumn.
Library: Open. For more information, contact, firstname.lastname@example.org or 567-242-7330.
Lima Campus Counseling and Consultation
- Remote appointments are available. Contact Dr. Samantha Haudenschield at 567-242-7158 or email@example.com or Dr. Chandler Martin at 567-242-7313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Ohio State Wellness app(for iOS devices). Although designed for students, most of the tips and guidance are useful for anyone.
Mercy Health Cafe
- Mercy Health Café will be closed. Free regular coffee will be available during Webb hours.
- Services available for Ohio State Lima Students, Faculty and Staff.
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.