Ohio State Lima Coronavirus Information and Updates
Keeping our students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends safe is our top priority. We realize that this is a challenging time, but our strength has been and always will be people. The coronavirus is unlike anything we have seen, but we remain committed to providing our students a quality education. The Ohio State Lima campus remains open and focused on supporting student learning. We aim to maintain “business as usual” as much as possible with safety adjustments, while serving students and our communities.
Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website
Ohio State is committed to supporting the university community in preparation for on-campus operations this fall. To assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors, the Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website launched yesterday. The site includes information and details related to physical distancing, campus readiness, classrooms, workspaces, housing, dining, personal protection and hygiene, mental health and wellness resources, travel, and several other areas. The university will continue to evaluate recommendations based on evolving conditions and the site will reflect any updates.
Read more »
Below are the latest updates on our efforts to keep our Buckeye family safe. This is an unprecedented situation that is evolving on a daily basis. We appreciate your patience and will continue to update this page regularly with information that is specific to the Lima campus. Information on all the ways Ohio State is taking steps to keep our communities safe is found here.
Faculty and Staff
- Faculty and Staff Return to Campus FAQs
- Safe and Health Buckeyes – comprehensive information for faculty, staff, students and researchers
- The Employee Assistance Program is available to help faculty, staff and eligible family and household members address mental health and emotional well-being with tools and resources. The EAP is available online or by phone 24 hours a day at 800-678-6265.
- EAP information
- Employee Reporting from President Drake
- TESS information (mental health chatbot)
- If employees, including student employees, have questions about whether to telework or come to campus to work, please reach out to your college or unit leader for clarification.
- The university has a comprehensive plan for limiting population density across all campuses. To help keep Buckeyes safe and healthy, all Ohio State autumn 2020 events and gatherings — whether on or off campus — will be virtual, with 10 or fewer in-person participants.
- An event is defined as a planned activity, other than academic classes scheduled as part of the university curriculum, that is held in a university building or outdoor space on a university campus or with a community partner. A gathering is defined as a formal or informal assembly of people that is either planned or spontaneous.
- The academic calendar for autumn has been adjusted. The first day of classes is Aug. 25. The last day of in-person, on-campus instruction is Nov. 25. Instruction in the last week of the semester, Nov. 30-Dec. 4, and final exams, Dec. 7-11, will be virtual.
- Update on the academic calendar: Academic Calendar from Ohio State Registrar
- Additional information is available at safeandhealthy.osu.edu/
- Counseling and Consultation Services also offers guidance about ways faculty can support your students.
Facilities, offices, and student support resources
Admissions: office open
Admissions and Academic advising visits are available virtually and over the phone. If you have questions contact the admissions office at 567-242-7500 or email@example.com.
Bookstore: Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Take advantage of ordering online with free shipping with any $49 purchase or more.
Cafeteria: AVI food service in Reed Hall closed. Cafeteria open for seating.
Campus offices: open
Career Services: Contact Rachel Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 567-242-7333.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, it can be difficult to be away from students, faculty and staff. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion as a resource for any issues you may face. Contact Temple Patton at 567-242-7190 or email@example.com
Farmer Family Gallery: closed
The Food Pantry is available for current students in the Student Services Center. Contact Shane McCrory at 567-242-7337 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Heath Learning Center is open for both virtual and in-person tutoring for English, Math and Spanish.
- Heath Learning Center Hours: 10:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday for open in-person tutoring. Open Zoom tutoring sessions Monday through Friday 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Students may also contact the Heath Learning Center to schedule an appointment.
- Call 567-242-7310 or email Julie Paxton at email@example.com or Tim Cheeseman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library: Open. For more information, contact, email@example.com or 567-242-7330.
Lima Campus Counseling and Consultation
- Remote appointments are available. Contact Dr. Samantha Haudenschield at 567-242-7158 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Chandler Martin at 567-242-7313 or email@example.com.
- The Ohio State Wellness app(for iOS devices). Although designed for students, most of the tips and guidance are useful for anyone.
Mercy Health Cafe
- Reopens on January 25. Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Services available for Ohio State Lima Students, Faculty and Staff.
- Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.