Campus Change from Lima to Columbus

Minimum requirements to campus change: Students can change to the Columbus campus with a minimum of 30 earned hours (earned after high school graduation) and at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA. This excludes credits earned from testing, e.g., advanced placement (AP) testing or Ohio State foreign language testing.

Some Academic units on the Columbus campus may have additional requirements. Students who are not yet ready to decide on a major or are not yet eligible for a selective admission major, would make a campus change into the Exploration Program on the Columbus campus. Exploration will work with students to assist in identifying a college major program to complete.

Columbus Campus Change Information

Step 1: Contact Housing and Residence Life on the Columbus Campus to arrange campus housing – this is required for all first- and second-year Ohio State students. Please visit or call 614.292.8266 for more information. Priority deadline for housing is February 1.

Step 2: Update your FAFSA and Apply for Columbus Campus Scholarships by February 1st. Visit to learn more. Contact a financial aid specialist at or 614.292.0300 for more information.

Step 3: Watch this virtual Campus Change video to provide more details on transitioning to the Ohio State Columbus campus -

Step 4: Set up an appointment with your academic advisor to discuss any additional information related to your college major and the campus change process. Call 567-242-7510 for an appointment. Or you can set up an appointment through OnCourse via your BuckeyeLink.

You will discuss scheduling and complete final steps for campus change with your advisor. Schedule your classes as soon as your enrollment appointment opens even if you have not completed the campus change session.

Step 5: Your Campus Change will not be finalized until your grades post for the term prior to campus changing. This is because you may not meet the completed 30 college credits post high school or the 2.0 minimum GPA until after your final grades post. If you have concerns about your campus change after final grades post, contact your academic advising.