It is with great excitement that we welcome you to The Ohio State University at Lima – a place for learning, personal growth and great memories. You should be quite proud of your accomplishments thus far, and we are thrilled you have decided to continue your education with us. As a new student with Ohio State Lima, there are different steps you will need to take to set-up your BuckeyeLink, University E-mail, Carmen and more. Prior to following the steps outlined below, you will need to know your student ID# and your name.#. Please follow the steps below to set-up and access the resources available to you as an Ohio State student.
Welcome to Ohio State Lima
Activate your Ohio State username and password
Before you can begin using Ohio State services like BuckeyeLink, University E-Mail, or Carmen you must activate your Ohio State Username and create a Password. To activate your Username and Password complete the following steps:
- You will need to know your Name.#
- Go to http://my.osu.edu
- Request an activation code. This will be sent to the e-mail listed on your application.
- After receiving your activation code you can proceed with setting up your password.
- If you need help contact the Ohio State Help Desk by phone at (614) 688-HELP (4357).
As a student you will be expected to conduct much of your university business online. At Ohio State this is accomplished through BuckeyeLink. Complete the following steps to access BuckeyeLink:
- Go to buckeyelink.osu.edu
- Click on My Buckeye Link: Student Login
- Log in using your activated username and password.
Through the BuckeyeLink you are able, but not limited to:
- Add/Drop classes
- View class schedule
- Access financial aid and view statement of account
- View personal contact information
- View the Holds and To-do lists
- Complete FERPA form
Access your “Carmen” Account
Carmen is Ohio State’s online course management system used by instructors, staff, and TA's to create and share course materials with students. To access Carmen:
- Go to carmen.osu.edu
- Click Login
- Login: Ohio State Username (name.#) and password.
Access your “Buckeyemail”
Buckeyemail is your Ohio State E-Mail account. Check your e-mail daily, as important information can be sent from various university departments. To activate, complete these steps:
- Go to osu.edu
- Click on Webmail (link at the top right of page).
- Click Log in to Outlook for email
- When this sends you to Microsoft Office 365, login using your Ohio State Username (name.#) followed by @buckeyemail.osu.edu. (Example: smith.999 would be firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your password would be the password you created during the activation process.
Financial Responsibility Statement
All students must complete a Financial Responsibility Statement each term before enrolling in classes. A Registration Lock is placed on BuckeyeLink and courses cannot be added until this statement is completed. This statement can be completed by following the steps below:
- Sign into BuckeyeLink through buckeyelink.osu.edu.
- Click on the Details arrow in the Holds box
- Click Complete Financial Responsibility Statement in the Item Hold box.
- Read the statement and select the I Agree box for all three statements and select Submit.
Student Health Insurance
The Ohio State Student Health Insurance will automatically be added to your fees. To waive Ohio State’s Health Insurance complete the following steps:
• NO FEE STATEMENT WILL BE MAILED TO YOU. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK YOUR FEES ON YOUR BUCKEYELINK.
• Tuition, fees, and outstanding balances must be paid one week (7 calendar days) prior to the beginning of the semester. (Failure to do so will result in substantial late fee penalties.)
• To pay your fees in person you can do so by visiting the Ohio State Lima Business office, located in the Student Services Center.
• Payment by credit card can only be done online at buckeyelink.osu.edu.
Authorization of Title IV Funds
Beginning Summer Term 2016, you must grant a one-time authorization to Ohio State if you want your Title IV funds applied to all charges on your Statement of Account, including Student Health Insurance, orientation fees, penalty and late fees, etc.
- Log into BuckeyeLink.
- Choose View Student Permissions from the drop-down menu in the Finances section.
- Click on Grant Permissions and follow the instructions.
Note: You are not required to provide this authorization. However, if your authorization is not received prior to the disbursement of financial aid for the term, Title IV funds may not be applied to all charges, which may result in an outstanding balance that will cause late fees to be assessed if not paid by the due date.
As a new student to Ohio State, you will need to take an Ohio State survey course. You will need to select one of the options below:
• Freshman: EXP 1100.01
• Transfer: EXP 1100.02
Parking passes can be completed and picked up in the Enrollment Services offices in the Student Services Center.
A campus map can be found by visiting: https://lima.osu.edu/aboutus/campus-maps-and-direc...
The Buck ID card is your official Ohio State identification. You must have a Buck ID to check out books through the Ohio State Library system and to test in the Phillip A. Heath Center for Teaching and Learning. To receive your Buck ID, bring a current photo ID to the front desk of the Perry Webb Student Life Building.
Important Dates and Deadlines
• Deadlines to add, drop, and withdraw from class(es), registration information, and the academic calendar can be found at registrar.osu.edu by clicking on “Registration.”
• It is extremely important to be familiar with these deadlines.
Sign up to receive text alerts to your phone at https://lima.osu.edu/texting/
Please log in to Buckeyelink to review your TO DO list to determine which placement exams you are required to complete. All Placement Testing can be completed online. For in-person testing options, please contact The Philip A. Heath Learning Center at 567-242-7310.
• The English placement test is required for all incoming students who scored 18 or below on the English portion of the ACT.
• Transfer students who do not have credit for English and scored an 18 or below on the ACT will also be required to take the English placement test.
• The Math placement test is required for all students – freshmen and transfers.
• For the Foreign Language placement test, please consult with your academic advisor to determine testing requirements.
Do you have transfer, AP or CCP credit?
· Please note Transfer, CCP, and AP credit will not be posted to your account until the $100 acceptance fee is paid.
· To pay the acceptance fee, go to appstatus.osu.edu or contact the Office of Admissions at 567-242-7500 for assistance.
· Do not send transcripts to the Lima campus.
Transfer and CCP Credit:
Please send all transcripts to ESUE-Studugt@osu.edu or:
The Ohio State University
Columbus, OH 43218
To earn credit for AP scores, contact College Board at 1-888-225-5427 to have your official score report sent to recipient code #1592, The Ohio State University Testing Center, 585 Student Academic Services Building, 281 W. Lane Ave., Columbus, OH 43210.
We’re here to help
The Ohio State Lima Office of Enrollment Services is often a point of contact for helping you through the activation process. The staff in Enrollment Services can assist you with financial aid issues, academic records, registration and student accounts.
Academic Advising and Student Records:
(567) 242-7510 | Lima.OSU.edu/Advising
(567) 242-7500 | Lima.OSU.edu/Admissions
(567) 242-7520 | Lima.OSU.edu/FinancialAid
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday