Ohio State Lima offers bachelor’s degrees, endorsements, and a Special Education licensure only program. Students can discover their academic passions that prepare them for careers as the next generation of leaders in education.
Bachelor of Science in Education (BSEd)
Whether you want to teach elementary or middle school students, a Bachelor of Science in Education is one way to becoming a teacher. There are four undergraduate degree options that will help you achieve your goal to teach youth here on the Ohio State Lima campus:
· Child and Youth Studies (non-license program)
· Early Childhood/Primary Education
· Middle Childhood Education
· Dual Licensure Primary General Education & Intervention Specialist (P-5)
Undergraduate Studies Mission Statement
An endorsement from The Ohio State University is a supplemental credential that can be added to your existing Ohio teaching license and increase your marketability as an educator. It gives you the flexibility to teach additional subjects and/or grade levels than a standard teaching license. Each program adheres to the Ohio Department of Education's endorsement standards.
We have developed these programs to have flexibility to fit around your schedule, so earning an endorsement is a convenient and smooth process.
· Middle Childhood Generalist | (Grades 4-6)
K-12 Mild to Moderate Intervention Specialist Licensure
Ohio State Lima has developed coursework to earn a K-12 Mild to Moderate Intervention Specialist License to enhance and diversify teaching skills at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. To receive licensure by completing the program of study, students must already have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and a current state of Ohio teaching certificate or license. Exchange of Service schools may qualify for discounted rates.
Faculty and staff for Education:
· Dr. Leah Herner-Patnode - Associate Professor of Special Education & Program Coordinator
· Dr. Dean Cristol - Associate Professor of Education
· Dr. Hea-Jin Lee - Professor of Mathematics Education
· Dr. Young Ah Lee - Associate Professor of Education
· Dr. Katie Barnes - Lecturer, Education
· Dawn Swihart - Lecturer, Education and Field Placement Coordinator/Supervisor
For questions or additional details, please contact the advising office at 567-242-7510 email@example.com
For Columbus campus program, contact the College of Education and Human Ecology
Ohio State academic programs are designed to prepare students to sit for applicable licensure or certification in Ohio. If you plan to pursue licensure or certification in a state other than Ohio, please review state educational requirements for licensure and certification and state licensing board contact information at go.osu.edu/onground.
The Ohio State University at Lima Admissions Office
Student Services Center
4240 Campus Drive
Lima, OH 45804