Presidents Affordability Grant
All students who file a FAFSA prior to the February 1 priority deadline and have a FAFSA Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 14,300 or less will be awarded this need-based grant. There is no grade point requirement for first-year freshman or transfer students. Continuing undergraduate students must be in good standing with the University to be eligible.
Buckeye Opportunity Program
The Buckeye Opportunity Program ensures that all eligible Ohio resident students who qualify for a Federal Pell Grant receive enough student financial aid to cover the full cost of undergraduate tuition and mandatory fees. Many eligible students have their tuition and mandatory fees covered through a combination of scholarships and aid from federal, state, institutional and donor programs. For students whose aid falls short, Ohio State's Buckeye Affordability Grant bridges any gaps and fulfills the spirit of the Buckeye Opportunity Program. The Pell Grant and many of our other awards are calculated based off information submitted through the FAFSA.
In order to be eligible for the President’s Affordability Grant and the Buckeye Affordability Grant, you must have your FAFSA submitted prior to the February 1 priority deadline.
Eligibility requirements for the Buckeye Affordability Grant include:
- Awarded to Ohio resident, degree seeking, undergraduate students
- Must be in good standing academically (SAP Eligible)
- Must file the FAFSA by the priority deadline
- Must be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant and have a remaining tuition balance after all other eligible aid is applied
- Must maintain full-time enrollment
Other information regarding the Buckeye Affordability Grant
- You can receive a maximum of eight (8) semesters of university funding
- If your FAFSA information changes as a result of verification, your award may also change
- The amount is evaluated and determined every academic year
- Autumn and Spring terms only
- You are no longer eligible for the Buckeye Affordability Grant once you have earned your first bachelor’s degree
- Not all Pell Grant eligible students will receive the Buckeye Affordability Grant (must have a remaining balance)
For more information regarding the President’s Affordability Grant and the Buckeye Affordability Grant please click here: https://sfa.osu.edu/contact-us/consumer-disclosure/student-rights-responsibilities-and-disclosures