Location and Services
Location: Galvin Hall 310
The Writing Center provides a friendly and supportive environment for student writers at all levels of ability.
- 30-minute tutorials.
- Walk-ins, appointments, and referrals welcome.
- Help available for all types of writing projects.
- Tutors assist writers at every stage of the writing process: brainstorming, constructing a thesis, organizing, drafting, revising, and editing.
- Tutors work with writers on a variety of needs: grammar and mechanics, documentation, tone, transitions, diction, etc.
Tutors work in a partnership with students to improve their written work and general writing skills. Still, there are some things we will not do:
- We will not write essays or parts of essays for students.
- We will not provide "proofreading" services.
- We will not speculate on grades.
Unless a student requests otherwise, brief, factual reports will be sent by e-mail to the student's instructor.
How We Can Better Serve You:
Students should bring the following materials to tutorials:
- the assignment sheet
- class notes on the assignment
- the class syllabus