Ohio State Lima's orientation program is designed to get new Buckeye's off to a strong start. We host four types of orientation:
- Honors Orientation
- Academy Orientation
- Freshmen Orientation
- First Generation Orientation
Registration information will be mailed to students in early April.
Please remember that you must have your $100 acceptance fee paid before attending an Orientation.
At Orientation you will:
- learn what’s expected as an OSU student in and out of the classroom
- participate in breakout sessions to learn more about:
- Financial Aid
- Career Services/Human Resources
- Student Activities/Student Life
- The Arts
- option of a campus tour
- attend group advising session to learn more about your area of study and to schedule classes
- meet other incoming OSU students
- become more familiar with campus
- complete university business, such as getting your BuckID card and consulting with student Financial Aid
- complete any necessary placement tests
- receive your schedule of classes for the semester
Orientation is mandatory and students are expected- and family members are strongly encouraged- to participate in all orientation activities. All new freshmen and transfer students will be charged a $50 registration fee and it will be assessed on the first semester statement of account.