Ohio State Lima's orientation program is designed to get new Buckeye's off to a strong start. We host four types of orientation:
- Honors Orientation
- Academy Orientation
- Freshmen Orientation
- First Generation Orientation
The Office of First Year Experience will assign orientation dates based on which type of orientation best fits your needs. For details about orientation, agendas, what to expect and what to bring, click here for our Orientation Registration Guide.
To register for orientation go to lima.osu.edu/rsvp and use the code provided in your personalized Orientation Registration Guide received by mail.
Please remember that you must have your $100 acceptance fee paid before attending an Orientation.
At Orientation you will:
- learn what’s expected as an OSU student in and out of the classroom
- participate in breakout sessions to learn more about:
- Financial Aid
- Career Services/Human Resources
- Student Activities/Student Life
- The Arts
- option of a campus tour
- attend group advising session to learn more about your area of study and to schedule classes
- meet other incoming OSU students
- become more familiar with campus
- complete university business, such as getting your BuckID card and consulting with student Financial Aid
- complete any necessary placement tests
- receive your schedule of classes for the semester
Orientation is mandatory and students are expected- and family members are strongly encouraged- to participate in all orientation activities. All new freshmen and transfer students will be charged a $50 registration fee and it will be assessed on the first semester statement of account.