There are a lot of reasons why a student might choose to begin one of the 200+ majors at the Lima campus. Here are just a few:
- The Lima campus is a wonderful place to be! Aside from being a beautiful campus, Ohio State Lima combines the resources of the No. 1 public university in the state with the personalization and charm of a small campus.
- Dedicated, caring professors and an abundance of student activities allows for plenty of opportunities to get involved in and out of the classroom.
- Some students would like to start at a smaller campus and get used to college life before making the move to Columbus. Ohio State Lima's advising team can help map out that path, starting in Lima and transitioning, when ready, to Columbus.
- Others are undecided about what they want to study so they choose to 'test the waters' before committing to the move.
- Some students start at a regional campus to save money by taking general education classes in Lima and then move to Columbus for the major-specific coursework.
- And still others have friend and family ties to the Lima area and don't want to be away for 4 or more years.
The list goes on... yet the underlying theme remains - there are a variety of pathways to earn your Ohio State degree.