Job Postings & Internships
Looking for a new job? Looking for help? You're in the right place!
Ohio State is excited to announce our new partnership with Handshake, a modern platform for college recruiting. Handshake is replacing our current system, Buckeye Careers Network. Handshake is a career-networking platform for Ohio State and recent graduates to connect with employers and internship sites in the corporate, nonprofit, and government sectors that are interested in recruiting Ohio State students.
Check the following job boards for local and regional jobs and internship postings:
First, be sure to start with Buckeye Careers Network for Students, Alumni and Employers
www.ohiomeansinternships.com (within the state of Ohio)
www.ohiomeansjobs.com (jobs within the state of Ohio)
www.spherion.appone.com (internship search and placement assistance through Spherion Lima Office Professionals)
www.hometownopportunities.com (positions in Auglaize, Darke, Mercer and surrounding counties)
Cover letter and resume writing information and individual consultation
Click HERE for a link to sample resumes and cover letters.
Job search strategy development by appointment
To schedule an appointment please contact Rachel Richardson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developing interviewing skills
Individual interviewing skills can easily be enhanced by participating in mock interviews or attending Lunch & Learns.
Career services online resources
Network with Alumnifire!
Alumnifire is an online professional networking and mentoring tool for Ohio State alumni, students and staff to exchange industry expertise and career advice. Get connected with Alumnifire and join this powerful Buckeye network. Learn more »
For questions or additional information feel free to contact us at 614-292-3314 or 800-635-8944.
Finding an internship
Finding an employer match for an internship may seem daunting, but it doesn't have to be.
- Contact your Career Services office by e-mail Rachel Richardson or phone at 419.995.8053;
- Search for Internships at the following sites: Buckeye Careers Network, Ohio Internships & Co-ops
- Other ways to find an internship include:
- Academic networks: professors, classmates, academic advisors, resident advisors, Ohio State alumni
- Social networks: family, friends, neighbors, clubs/extracurricular organizations
- Community networks: religious affiliations, volunteer organizations, professional associations
Job and internship fairs
A job/internship fair brings together job seekers and employers with a variety of opportunities. A job fair is one of the quickest ways to get connected with an employer, and there is often more than one way to get a job through a job fair.
Job/internship fairs represent an opportunity to:
- Establish contacts and build a job search network
- Explore opportunities available in your field
- Gather information about companies
- Submit your resume and/or arrange for interviews
- Find a job or internship
- Meet with new and less familiar companies in your field
Watch this 3 minute Buckeye OnPACE video to learn more about how to navigate a job fair.
For a full listing of career fairs at The Ohio State University, including the Lima Campus, click HERE.
Contact Rachel Richardson, career development manager, with any questions you may have, to schedule an individual appointment for a resume review or to brush up on job fair preparation strategies by e-mailing Richardson.email@example.com or calling 567-242-7333.