Student FAQ

  1. How do I schedule an appointment? You can schedule an appointment by calling Dr. Haudenschield at 567-242-7158; emailing; or stopping in the Counseling Services office at Galvin Hall, room 107.  You can also request an appointment online with this form.
  2. I’m concerned that my parents/teachers/friends will know I’m coming to counseling.  Based on extensive training in ethics and legal issues, the highest standards of confidentiality are maintained. We are unable to discuss who comes to Lima Counseling and Consultation Services for services, what happens during sessions, or any other protected client information without the individual’s written consent. This means that we don’t talk to parents, teachers, staff members, other students, or anyone else about who comes to LCCS or what happens while you’re here. Any exceptions to this are clearly discussed at the beginning of treatment.
  3. Will this end up in my school record / academic file?  No information about students’ services at LCCS is released from this office unless required by law. We maintain medical records in the Counseling Services office that are completely separate from academic files. 
  4. How much does it cost?  Services are free. 
  5. Is there a limit to the number of meetings/sessions I can have?  We work on a short-term therapy model. Currently, there is a limit of 10 sessions per academic year. Most students find that 10 or fewer sessions are enough to address their concerns. 
  6. What if I can’t wait to talk to someone?  If you are in need of immediate assistance after normal business hours, you may call 614-292-5766 to speak with someone. This number is answered 24 hours a day.  If you feel like you must speak with someone immediately, if you are concerned for your safety or are feeling like you may injure yourself, are feeling suicidal, or are thinking about harming someone else, you may call one of several different crisis lines.           

    The We Care Crisis Center in Lima is a 24/7 crisis facility – they accept walk-ins any time and have a crisis phone line that is always open.           
    797 S. Main St., Lima, OH           
    1-800-567-HOPE (4673)           
    National Suicide Hotline 9-8-8           
    You may call 9-1-1 at any time for immediate assistance in your area. You may also walk into any Emergency Room for care.
  7. I’m a Rhodes State College student, can I make an appointment with you?  OSU Counseling Services is only able to see Ohio State Lima students.  If you are a Rhodes student in need of services, please contact your Advisor for more information about available options. 
  8. Emotional Support Animals and Service Animals:  We may assist with certification for emotional support animals when it is clinically necessary for established clients. Emotional support animals are not specially trained for their emotional supportive roles and are not considered service animals under the ADA ( We take these needs very seriously and complete thorough assessments through an extended treatment process. These letters may denote that an individual has a disability and the animal is used to address the disability. We will not write letters for emotional support animals for housing, travel accommodations, or course accommodations unless clinically necessary for established clients. We are happy to help you access an evaluation in the community to determine your disability status and need for an ESA or Service Animal.        

    Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), service animals can accompany their owners anywhere the public can go. Emotional support animals, on the other hand, need advanced approval as an accommodation. Students with legitimate service animals are welcome in Counseling Services, as they would be anywhere on campus. We have a responsibility to ensure that our environment is safe for all students and thus all animals and handlers are subject to the University’s rules of conduct.         

    Please note that you will need to register with the Ohio State Office of Disability Services in order to bring your Emotional Support Animal to our offices or other areas on campus.